Combining two things I can't get enough of: Matcha and Chia Pudding. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I drink Matcha with brain octane oil and ghee every single morning religiously. I'm still writing a full post on how to pick high quality Matcha and the traditional way of whisking it. But for now, know that low quality cheap Matcha tend to have a dull/ matte green color and is often very bitter; high quality Matcha has a more vibrant green color and a smoother taste. I get my Matcha from here and according to the color and taste, you'll be able to tell for yourself that it's great quality and not assume I'm another foodie trying to shove a product down your throat for monetary reasons. Here's the recipe for Paleo Matcha Chia Pudding; it can be made Vegan by replacing honey with maple syrup!
1/2 cup chia seeds
2 cups of almond milk
2 tsp Matcha powder (get here use code MATCHALOVE for 10% off)
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1-2 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 - 1/4 cup of hot water
Stevia (5 drops or to taste)
1. Whisk the Matcha in the hot water to prevent it from clumping
2. In a separate bowl, combine the almond milk, vanilla, honey, and maple.
3. Add the Matcha mixture into the bowl of liquids. Whisk the mixture till well combined
4. Add the chia seeds and whisk for at least 5 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. Add stevia to taste
5. Transfer to an air-tight container and let it sit for a few hours to thicken
6. Serve with your choice of berries, shredded coconuts, Paleo granola, whatever you want!