If you're still eating tortilla wraps, get off my site. Jokes, you're on the right site; I'm about to give you an alternative that you will love. Collard greens are a durable large green perfect to use for wraps and they are an excellent source of vitamin C, A, E and K (so many letters but all good for you). Benefits extend beyond that but lets get into the recipe.
Ingredients for the wrap (one chicken breast makes about 3-4 wraps):
4 Collard greens
1 Chicken breast
Ingredients for the chimichurri sauce:
1 ½ cup flat leaf parsley
3-4 garlic cloves
2 tsp dried oregano
¾ cup light tasting olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
¼ tsp pepper
¼- ½ tsp red chili flakes
Instructions: (see photos below for a break down of the steps!)
1. Prep your filling ingredients aka shred the carrots, cut cucumbers into thin slices, slice the avocado, cook your chicken breast and cut into strips, chop the romaine lettuce into small pieces/ ribbons
2. Make chimichurri sauce aka throw everything into a blender. Done.
3. Use a sharp paring knife to carefully de-stem one side of the collard green (try to not cut the leaves because then sauce comes oozing out when you’re wrapping it and makes everything oil and not stay…)
4. lay your filling in the center like you would a burrito (not paleo…but for reference sake!) putting shredded carrots first, chicken, avocado
5. Line 1 tablespoon of the chimichurri on top of the filling. Don't be greedy because the sauce will go everywhere making the collard green oily and impossible to wrap.
6. Top with romaine lettuce
7. Fold in the sides of collard green and carefully wrap forward (again…like you would a burrito)
8. Serve with a side of the sauce!